AKTIVITY

hh

Dec 8, 2011

“Ranma 1/2″ get live-action drama

It’s just been revealed that popular manga series “Ranma 1/2” will get live-action drama adaptation starring actress Aragaki Yui!

“Ranma 1/2″ was created by Takahashi Rumiko and ran from 1987 to 1996 through ‘Weekly Shonen Sunday’. It tells the story about a young boy named ‘Saotome Ranma’ who transforms into a girl when he gets splashed with cold water.

Aragaki will play ‘Tendo Akane’, a strong-minded high school girl with fierce martial arts abilities, which she occasionally uses on her fiancee, Ranma. She will be playing opposite to Kaku Kento andNatsuna, who will both portray ‘Saotome Ranma’. As for the characters, Hasegawa Kyoko will play Akane’s older sister, ‘Tendo Kasumi’, and Namase Katsuhisa will appear as Akane’s father, ‘Tendo Soun’. Meanwhile, Akane’s first love ‘Ono Tofu’ will be portrayed by Tanihara Shosuke, and Furuta Arata will play the role of Ranma’s father, ‘Saotome Genma’.

Aragaki commented, “I’ve dreamed about jumping into the ‘Ranma 1/2′ world when I was small, that’s how much I loved the manga. I’m surprised that I’m able to do so after all these years. Although I’m truly happy about it, I’m truthfully scared at the same time because it seems very difficult to make it into a live-action show. I will aim to make this drama satisfying for the fans of the manga, including myself. I also hope that I will be able to enjoy acting. I will do my best.”

In this special drama, the plot will exhibit elements from the original storyline, such as Akane’s discord with her father when he suddenly determines Ranma to be her fiancee, as well as Ranma’s various scuffles with enemies during his mission to find the hot spring that will cure his condition.

This live-action adaptation of “Ranma 1/2″ will be aired on NTV in December as a 2-hour special drama.

Stay tuned for more info on this exciting drama!

Source & Image: Cinema Today


No comments:

Post a Comment

T Drama - Extravagant Challenge / Skip Beat