The members of the Host Club are highest ranking students at the school. At Ouran High School, class is determined by lineage and intelligence ("A" is the highest class and "D" the lowest). All the members are in class A and tend to be number one or two in their class, coming from the wealthiest families in Japan with the exception of Haruhi. The twins are ranked fourth and fifth in their class and Haruhi is a scholarship student receiving the special privilege of being in class A due to her scholarship status (she is ranked number one in her year).
The members of the club include:
- Haruhi Fujioka Unlike other characters in The Host Club, she comes from a poor family. It is thanks to the scholarship that she is able to enter Ouran High. The heroine of the story who ends up joining the club disguised as a boy to pay back a debt she incurred by breaking a valuable vase. In the host club, she is the "Natural Type". She can be very blunt when talking; hurting people without meaning to.
- Tamaki Suou The idiotic host king, who created and founded the club. He is very charismatic and charming and considers himself the "Daddy" of the group. He is also the "Prince Type" or "The King" in the host club. He considers his relationship with Haruhi as paternal in nature, but is often seen using it to mask his true feelings that he is in love with her.
- Kyoya Ootori The Vice President of The Host Club, the co-founder, the third son of the Ootori Group. In the host club, Kyoya is seen as the "Cool Type". He, like the rest of the members of the club, is very handsome. He carries a clipboard with him and it is a long-running joke that it is unknown what he writes in said clipboard. In almost everything he does, he gets something out of it.Kyoya also researches all who attend Ouran Academy and appears to know 'everything about everyone'. He is considered the "Mommy" of the group by Tamaki. He is also known to have low blood pressure, so if one tries to wake him up from his slumber, they are going to have a very mean and unhappy Kyoya. Tamaki is his closest friend.
- Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachiin The twins; they are devious and funny. They are seen as the "Little Devil Type". Hikaru is the older twin, little devil #1, and Kaoru is the younger twin, little devil #2. Haruhi and Tamaki are the first ones who can tell them apart, while their mother, Yuzuha Hitachiin hid that she could. Their contribution to the host club is when they do their routine act of "forbidden brotherly love" with suggestive themes of boy love shown to admiring female fans, Hikaru's part as the "seme" and Kaoru, the "uke".
- Mitsukuni Haninozuka Also known as "Honey" for short (or "Hunny" according to the manga). In the host club, he is known as the "Loli-shōta Type". He looks like an elementary school child rather than the 17-year-old third-year student that he actually is, which gives him an excuse to look cute while holding a toy bunny Usa-chan with him around the school. What he mainly does in the club is eat cake with his clients. He is very strong for his size, coming from a martial arts family and is very close to his cousin; Mori. In fact, he is so adept at martial arts that, according to the Japanese Defense Ministry, if he ever used his full ability, he could be classed as a weapon of mass destruction. Honey is also the only host club member to call Mori by his first name. He has a fondness for anything cute, like bunnies and eating a lot of cake, making his little brother, Yasuchika "Chika" Haninozuka see him as some sort of alien, though he does look up to him in away for his older brother's skills in martial arts.
- Takashi Morinozuka Also known as "Mori", his character is the "Strong and Silent Type" or the "Wild Type" in the host club. He is the tallest and quietest member of the group. His strength can compare with Hunny's but instead of martial arts, he does kendo, and happens to be the champion of kendo at school. Mori dedicates his life to Honey by protecting him and only gets emotional when Honey is injured or harmed. He is also very close to the other club members and many classmates look up to him because of his quiet, gentle nature, despite his intimidating appearance. He usually only speaks when necessary, and responds to questions mostly with monosyllabic answers. Mori's family served Honey's family until a marriage two generations ago made them cousins. Even though the servant-master bond was technically broken, Mori still serves faithfully as Honey's guardian and best friend. He also has a brother, Satoshi Morinozuka, who, unlike Chika, praises him.
Ouran High School Host Club - Manga
Ouran High School Host Club - Anime