AKTIVITY

hh

Jun 29, 2011

“Rurouni Kenshin” to get film adaptation


Back in July 2010, tokyohive mentioned rumor that Watsuki Nobuhiro’s popular manga, “Rurouni Kenshin -Meiji Kenkaku Romantan-” would get a movie adaptation, and that Sato Takeru would be playing the main character, ‘Himura Kenshin’. As it turns out, it wasn’t a rumor after all!

On June 28th, it was confirmed that a live-action movie of ‘Rurouni Kenshin’ will be released in 2012, and it will indeed star Sato Takeru. Otomo Keishi (the chief director of “Ryomaden“) will direct the movie, and the production company will be Warner Brothers.

“Rurouni Kenshin” was serialized through “Weekly Shonen Jump” during 1994 ~ 1999, and it was translated in 23 countries all over the world. It tells the story of Himura Kenshin, who was known and feared as the assassin “Hitokiri Battousai”; he starts a personal journey as a wanderer after the Meiji Restoration, pledging that he would do “no more killing“. The manga follows Kenshin as he tries to adjust to a new era, making encounters with many people and fighting his old enemies. Its highly-popular anime series was aired during 1996 ~ 1999.

Sato, who is currently practicing for a sword battle, commented, “The role of Kenshin is that of a well-known character, therefore, I think fascinating acting is needed. I would like to create the Kenshin image with the staff, while staying true to the details. I will try my best, so please look forward to it.”

The author of Rurouni Kenshin commented on Sato’s casting for the role: “When this project just started, my wife and I were talking about who would suit the role of Kenshin, and Sato Takeru-san was the one who came up on our mind first. So, when it was confirmed (that Sato will be taking the role), I was surprised, but was also very happy. I’m looking forward to see his wonderful acting.”

Other cast members for the movie will be revealed later, and the film is scheduled to hit theatres in 2012.

Source & Image: MANTAN WEB

Another News


Last month, tokyohive reported that actor Sato Takeru would star as the main character in the film adaptation of Watsuki Nobuhiro’s popular manga, “Rurouni Kenshin“. Today, it has been revealed that model/actress Takei Emi will play the heroine, Kamiya Kaoru, in the movie!

Otomo Keishi, who is known for the NHK Taiga drama, “Ryomaden“, will be the director for the movie. He shared, “Without a doubt, Takei-san is an actress who will become big. Even with an innocent face, she has the will for this work. I feel that she has the chance of becoming big by playing various roles. Along with her age (17), I couldn’t think of anyone else to play the role of Kaoru.”

Takei commented, “I am happy and excited, yet at the same time very nervous to star in the film adaptation of a comic loved by many people. For the filming, I am learning sword fighting and posture. I feel my spirit will be put in good shape by each and every one of these movements. With the teamwork of the staff and my co-stars, I want to make this a film everyone will enjoy. I want to challenge myself with all my might. Please look forward to it.”

“Rurouni Kenshin” is a story about a legendary assassin named Kenshin. After the Meiji Restoration, he made an oath to not kill anymore, and wanders from town to town. Produced by Warner Brothers, the movie will begin filming this summer, and is scheduled to hit theatres in the summer of 2012.

Source: natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

T Drama - Extravagant Challenge / Skip Beat